Congratulations! You are ready to submit your sample package for review, the next step in the certification process. Please follow the guidelines below:
- Read the online rules and regulations for submission – how it works, etc. to see if you have any questions before submitting.
- Download the The NCRW Style Guide and reference it thoroughly.
- Reference The Gregg Reference Manual for grammar and punctuation rules and standards.
FORMATTING FOR SUBMISSION
- Proof and reproof your documents for consistency, spacing, margins, typos, spelling, strategy, redundancy, etc. Use American Grammar and spelling rules. Have someone else read them.
- If your résumé and cover letter are from one of your customers: A) Fictionalize it, by changing client names and contact information and company names. Don’t submit your own personal résumé. B) Embellish any content by adding metrics and details, if necessary to make the documents stronger than the ones you created for your customer.
- Remove all identifying information from Word’s properties. Your initials, author name, etc.
- Submit your samples in a .doc format.
Remember, the sample submission is to help gauge where you are at with your current skills and if you need to prepare more to successfully pass the test. You will receive feedback from one grader that will help you prepare for the test or to help you prepare another sample submission, if needed. Retakes cost the same amount as first tries. Take your time! When you think you are ready – check again!
Please submit all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommendations are typically returned within three business weeks from the date of submission, depending on the volume of samples and availability of a grader!
Let us know if you have any questions.