LinkedIn in 2017 – Strategies for Learning & Mastering LinkedIn—Fast!
Tom Powner, Career Thinker, Inc.
Thursday July 13, 2017
11:30 am EDT to 12:45 pm EDT (note a free extra 15 minutes are included)
Are you having trouble and getting frustrated in keeping up with LinkedIn’s user interface (UI) changes and hidden tools? LinkedIn remains one of the most powerful career tools, working hand-in-hand with résumés to support our clients in their careers and job search campaigns. Join Tom Powner as he shares his take on the most important things to know about LinkedIn.
In this webinar Tom Powner will cover the following:
▶ Top 5 sections to maximize profile visibility, uncover job opportunities, and grow one’s network.
- Headline – it’s all about branding.
- Summary – telling the story about the professional behind the profile.
- Experience Section – bragging is allowed!
- Featured Skills & Endorsements – keywords that power LinkedIn matching.
- Education – fertile ground for recent grads to showcase their value.
▶ Five key user-interface changes.
- Banner image and profile photo.
- Giving and asking for recommendations.
- The nine parts of the accomplishment section.
- Searching for jobs.
- Searching for people.
▶ Profiles settings we should care about
- Basics – email address, phone numbers, industry, and where you are signed in.
- Privacy – public profile, sharing profile edits, followers, and understanding viewing options.
- Job Seeking – profile sharing when you click “Apply” and letting recruiters know.
- Data Privacy – representing your organization, profile visibility outside of LinkedIn, and two-step verification.
- Communications – email frequency and who can send you invitations.
This one-hour webinar is $19.99 for members and $39.99 for nonmembers.
Note: The webinar will be recorded and the recording will be distributed to all registrants. Participants will receive one Continuing Education (CE) unit.
About the presenter
Tom Powner – CPRW, CEIP, CCMC, CBBSC, CDCC, and LinkedIn Strategist
A career-changer himself and proof that “it can be done,” Tom resigned from a 25-year career in business development, operations, and sales leadership to create Career Thinker, Inc. His motivation to do so came from years of viewing thousands of poorly crafted résumés, interviewing more than 2,500 unprepared applicants, and hiring more than 500 employees. Tom’s goal is to make a difference by providing professionals with career services, coaching, technology, and self-confidence and inspire them to take action and advance their careers. He helps a broad range of clients, but his sweet spot is preparing future executives to connect to their next roles—believing that everyone needs to be the CEO of their careers. Tom leads Career Thinker with a team of writers and career coaches that work one-on-one with clients. He also speaks and presents to colleges, alumni groups, industry organizations, and networking groups on topics that will help them connect to their next career opportunity.