Speaker Bio & Topics
Kiersten Troutman, owner of Second Glance Résumés, has been writing for over 15 years. In addition, she teaches College Writing and Business Writing for Kent State University. You could say that writing is her life.
ENTRY-LEVEL TO EXECUTIVE:
She and her team of writers work with candidates nationally (from entry to C-level) in developing competitive résumés that get the coveted "second glance".
WRITING WORKSHOPS FOR NON-PROFITS:
Since 2013, Second Glance Résumés has committed to conducting local workshops for non-profit agencies throughout Stark and Summit Counties. Every person deserves a chance for greatness. Second Glance provides the tools to help individuals get there.
THE PAPERS TO PROVE IT:
Kiersten holds two degrees in English as well as coursework in Business Management:
* Master of Arts (M.A.) in Composition and Rhetoric | The University of Akron
* Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)in English | Kent State University
* Coursework | Business Management | Malone College
In 2011, she co-presented with Dr. Andrea Adolph at Ohio University for the Ohio College English Association's (OCEA)Spring Conference, featuring use of multi-modal technology in the composition classroom.
Kiersten was a speaker for the National Resume Writers' Association 2018 Conference, where she discussed Client Relationship Management (CRM) programs for business development.
FAMILY AND COFFEE:
Kiersten resides in Canton, Ohio with her husband, four children, and a heavily used coffee pot.
CORPORATE WRITING WORKSHOPS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
She is available for speaking engagements for topics that include:
- Redefining successful résumés
- Writing workshops: back to basics
- Marketing a résumé business
- Keyword-targeting résumés: why and how to optimize a résumé for recruiting search engines