Announcing the NRWA’s annual resume writing competition –
Recognizing Outstanding Achievement in Resumes (ROAR)
Don’t Miss This Incredible Opportunity!
All Entries MUST be Submitted by July 20th.
Winners will be revealed at the NRWA 2018 conference in Seattle.
* Increase Your Credibility *
* Raise Your Visibility *
* Grow Your Business *
* Prove That Your Resumes are Among the BEST of the BEST *
First-place winners in each of the segments and categories will receive:
- FREE one-year membership/renewal in the NRWA ($175 value!).
- Formal recognition at the 2018 Conference
- Promotional exposure through the NRWA newsletter, website, social media, and more
- Submit your entries today! Don’t miss the deadline!
Step 1: Choose your experience level so your entries will be judged against your peers.
- Experienced Writers (more than 5 years of experience)
- New Writers (up to 5 years of experience)
Step 2: Familiarize yourself with the categories.
- Creative Design: Think color and formatting. Judges will be evaluating the visual elements as well as the content… Is your resume visually exciting to look at while still delivering solid content, strong strategy, and ease of reading? Use your imagination, but make sure the resume promotes the candidate’s talent, not just a fun design.
- Modern Classic: This resume will have a familiar, yet strategic structure and layout. Fonts will be standard, sections will align with broadly accepted best practices, and layout will enable reader to immediately find information often looked for by recruiters. Judges will be evaluating strategy, content, ease of reading, and spacing/layout.
Step 3: Select up to three of your BEST resumes representing any industry or profession for each of the two categories (up to six entries per contestant). Fictionalize all names, addresses, and company names and prepare a strategy statement for each entry.
Step 4: Familiarize yourself with all the guidelines and judging criteria. (http://www.thenrwa.com/ROAR-contest-2018) and submit your entries. Just $20 per entry for members and $40 per entry for non-members.
Register your entries today and get ready to ROAR!
Testimonials from Past ROAR Winners
“The 4 ROAR awards I won in the first couple of years of the ROAR Awards competition, made a tremendous difference in not only my credibility with clients, but also my confidence in charging at the level I am continually told I should be charging. My referrals have soared since winning, to the tune of about 85% of my business; I think my clients get a kick out of having award-winning resumes. Almost all of the new inquiries I receive mention the fact they reached out to me because of my awards. Last, but definitely not least, I place high value on my awards, given the caliber of judges on the ROAR panels. Thank you, NRWA, for providing this opportunity – it has helped me and my business grow in so many ways!”
-- Lucie Yeomans, Sick Résumés
ROAR winner, 2016 and 2017
"Winning multiple ROAR awards has been incredibly positive for my business and my confidence! When clients ask to see samples, I steer them to my award-winning online samples (e.g., on the NRWA website), which boosts my credibility tenfold! I’ve landed more clients and sales because of these honors and recognition! Plus, I’ve gained much more respect from my clients when it comes to strategies and advice on their career marketing materials!"
-- Sandra Ingemansen, Résumé Strategies
ROAR winner, 2015, 2016 and 2017