The NRWA Code of Ethics
Members of The NRWA agree to:
- Maintain professionalism when dealing with the public, clients, and colleagues.
- Accurately advertise products, services, qualifications, and affiliations.
- Ensure that their website and promotional materials – as well as the website and promotional materials of any business they work with - display The NRWA logo and prominently identify by name the individual member(s) in good standing associated with the business.
- Remain up-to-date on resume, employment, market, hiring, and other relevant trends.
- Share confidential client information only with express written consent from the client.
- Not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, or other protected status or class.
- Comply with relevant client agreements, laws, and regulations, including copyright protection.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to ethics-related communications from any member of The NRWA board of directors.
- Be accountable under The NRWA’s bylaws, standing rules, grievance procedures, e-list procedures, and other policies.
If you are a member or resume-writing client who is working with a professional who is or claims to be a member of The NRWA and would like to file a grievance, please see our grievance procedures.